Shared by: Brooke James, Woodloch Staff
As a staff member, I’ve got a great inside view of all that goes on at Woodloch. I’m also a guest of Woodloch and have seen it all from the other side! So, I wanted to write something that took the best parts of Woodloch, inside and out, and showcase them in my own Top Ten List!
- Delicious Food-From Breakfast to Dinner the food is plentiful and delicious. One of my favorites is the homemade Scandinavian Pancakes served at breakfast. They are made from a special recipe handed down from original owners and have remained a tradition for breakfasts at Woodloch for over 50 years. Every bite is better than the next with the perfect combination of butter and sweetness. At lunch I can never pass up their crab cake sandwich filled with fresh crab and served with a unique Cajun spread, out of this world! Then there is dinner with tenderloin of beef, cooked to perfection and coated with a special seasoning that really brings out the flavor of the meat. Finally, the smorgasbord, where the shrimp and crab are endless…need I say more?!?!
- Clean and Comfortable Rooms- The housekeeping staff at Woodloch does an outstanding job of cleaning each and every room on a daily basis and leaving them spotless. The rooms are always double checked by housekeeping management to make sure they are up to Woodloch standards. The rooms are spacious with comfortable bedding that can be perfected to your liking during your stay. If you are in need of additional pillows, bed spreads, sheets, or mattress padding, the housekeeping staff will gladly bring these to you upon request.
- Friendly Staff – Every part of the resort is filled with a staff member ready to assist you with a smile. Starting upon check-in, the front desk goes out of their way to make sure to inform you of all of the facilities, activities, meals and overall lay of the land. They really make you feel welcome from the minute you arrive. The social staff, of course, is full of energy and charisma to ensure every day of your vacation is enjoyable. The wait staff is also very friendly and helpful during your meals, making sure your requests and needs are met.
- Activities for Children and Adults- Endless. The activities are truly endless at Woodloch. There is always something to do, whether it is relaxing by the pool, or competing in the family Olympics, you will not be bored! One of my favorites is the Scavenger Hunt, where you are given a list of things to get around the resort and given clues of how to get them and who can help! It is an hour of non- stop excitement.
- Convenient location- Woodloch is less than a gas tank away from New York and New Jersey, and has everything you need for a fun-filled vacation. ..no baggage fees, no pat-downs just wholesome, hassle-free vacationing!
- Beautiful Lake for winter and summer – Our own Lake Teedyuskung has so much to offer for all seasons. In the summer the lake has paddle boating, row boating, sailing, kayaking, and waterskiing as well as swimming and an awesome waterslide for all ages! In the winter the Lake is great for Ice Skating, Ice Fishing, and our “over the top” snow tube hill!!
- Indoor and Outdoor swimming pools- The indoor pool not only has a huge swimming pool for all ages, but it also has an innovative new splash park for the children as well as kiddie pools, Jacuzzi’s and sauna’s. The outdoor pool is the shape of a shamrock and provides a ton of fun for adults and kids alike.
- Golf Course and Spa- Our Award Winning Golf-Course and World-Class Destination Spa are two unique attractions to Woodloch’s Resort. The breath-taking 18 hole Golf Course is both challenging and enjoyable. The Lodge at Woodloch , offers an incredible serine setting, allowing you to step away from your everyday life and unwind—truly an experience of a lifetime!
- Nightly Entertainment- Our nightly entertainment offers something for both children and adults from the ventriloquists to Broadway-style shows. The comedy acts are so entertaining and the horse-racing is fun for the everyone!
- FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!!!!