Serving Hundreds in the Pocono Mountains Hospitality Industry
Check Out Woodloch's Newest Blog!
What if I told you there was an award-wining resort tucked away in the Pocono Mountains Lake Region that can serve meals to 600 people in under an hour, would you believe me? ...Well you should because it’s 100% true at Woodloch Pines Resort. How is this possible you ask? Well allow me to explain. It starts with and amazing kitchen staff headed by Chef Brian Crandall, culinary graduate.
The kitchen team works hard all day long preparing the most wonderful, delicious meals including Roast Tenderloin of Beef, Herb Encrusted Jail Island Salmon over long grain rice, and a juicy, thick, center-cut bone-in pork chop, Yum! I’m getting hungry!
Our kitchen serves your meals family-style, which means they will put enough food for your entire table on platters and all side dishes will be served in a casserole dish as seen below.
The greatest thing about the meals at Woodloch is that you can try everything we offer, all inclusive, and eat as much as you want!
Our kitchen line is approximately 40 feet long, with designated locations along the line for serving specific entrées and side dishes. There is a designated kitchen employee assigned to serving each item. For example, during a typical dinner service, there are 10 staff members working.
- One designated to serving the soup, appetizers and desserts.
- Another to serve the vegetables.
- One more to serve the potato option.
- Still one more to server pasta while another puts the requested sauces on.
- One to serve gravy and keep count of each and every table served.
- One to serve the fish option while another serves the beef/pork option.
- Another to work the entire kids menu.
- AND a runner, whose job is to grab fresh trays of food when the others run out.
And there you have it; the complete assembly line behind Woodloch’s speedy dining service.
To see for yourself how the magic happens come and visit for a weekend or midweek getaway to Woodloch Resort in the Pocono Mountains.