Poconos Packing Tips Part 2: Leave Your Worries, But Remember These!
Check Out Woodloch's Newest Blog!
~Shared by J. Ranner
I happen to love cake. Whether the occasion is a birthday, wedding or anniversary, it doesn't matter. I've yet to find a cake that I didn't like. So I picture myself sitting down, about to indulge in a delicious dessert yet discovering that a fork is nowhere to be found. I couldn't have my cake and eat it too.
Things like this provide uncomfortable and uneasy feelings for us - having exactly what you want right in front of you only to find yourself unable to fully appreciate it because you are missing something crucial. Such can be the case when packing your suitcases for a wonderful Poconos vacation to Woodloch! You don't want to miss out on a fun activity or event because you left something trivial at home!
So with that in mind, our experts have once again put their minds together and assembled a list of key items you may need to more fully enjoy your stay! Aside from the bare essentials like your toothbrush and underpants (which I sincerely HOPE you remember), here are some things you might want to include in your bag:
- Swimsuits- no matter what time of year you may visit us, there is always swimming available. Our Family Double Dare and Lake Games are best enjoyed with a suit as well. While this might seem like a no-brainer, you would be surprised by how often they are forgotten!
- Sneakers. During the summer season, some of us opt out of even considering them (I enjoy my flip flops as well so I know how that goes). However, closed-toe shoes are required for activities like Zipline and Segway Tours. When you are traversing our 135-acre campus, your best option is a comfortable pair of kicks!
- A dressy outfit for our Theme Nights. Woodloch was built on tradition, and this is one of our oldest! Look your best!
- Items for the Scavenger Hunt! If you're looking to collect the coveted gold medal, hints are posted on the Social Staff's webpage. It's also not a bad idea to bring a tablet or laptop, as we discussed in an earlier article.
- Fishing gear- Lake Teedyuskung is an angler's dream . . . but that's another story in itself!
- Sunscreen- because it's a scientific fact that the sun shines at least 34% more around happy people on vacation. Don't jeopardize your fun times because of a nasty sunburn!
- And lastly, stock up on energy bars and Red Bull- because with over a million ways to spend your vacation, you're going to need some help.
And most importantly, above all else, bring a happy and smiling attitude! The most critical aspect of getting away is in fact letting yourself get away! Let go of all the stress of the every day grind and immerse yourself in our sea of fun! You will be amazed at how contagious a good smile is . . .