The Top 5 Reasons Autumn Rocks at Woodloch
Check Out Woodloch's Newest Blog!
~Shared by J. Ranner
From a personal standpoint, fall has always been my favorite season. Crisp and cooler weather, the advent of the holiday season, and of course, the return of NFL football never ceases to reinvigorate me after a crazy (but still fun) summer season.
I am a full-time year-round staff member here at Woodloch Pines, so I have the advantage of enjoying all four seasons here. Each one offers something a little different and unique from the others; to each his or her own. I will let it be known, however, that fall is a grand time to give us a visit. As a matter of fact, I have 5 reasons for you to migrate back to the Poconos this season:
5) Foliage- I can't give you a specific number, but it's a fact that there is no shortage of trees here in Pennsylvania. And every autumn, it's as if the sprawling mountain landscapes are painted in brilliant hues of red, orange, yellow and purple. Speaking of this beauty doesn't do it any justice; like gazing out into the stars on a clear night in the countryside or watching the sun rise from the shore of the beach, it is a spectacle of nature that needs to be witnessed first-hand!
4) Nearby Attractions- Outside of our vacation oasis of Woodloch, the Poconos offers other great ways to have fun throughout the fall. Cider mills, pumpkin patches, horseback riding and antique stores are all just minutes away from Woodloch (you know, in case you are interested in stopping AFTER an action-packed stay with us!).
3) Holidays- There are two biggies to celebrate before we get into December- Halloween and Thanksgiving (or as I call it, "T-DAY"). At Woodloch, we excel at celebrating both in style. Tricks, treats, and all sorts of shenanigans await you during our Halloween packages. Enjoy costume parades, kid's games, parties, costume contests and of course our HAUNTED HAYRIDES (more on that later). Thanksgiving allows you to gather your family and friends for quality time and absolutely no stress over meal preparation! Plus, all of that wonderful Woodloch food . . .
2) Activities- We do everything we can to keep up with our active guests. It is our committment to you that we chug along with most of our outdoor activities throughout the fall season. It's prime time for zip-lining, Segways, boating, go-karting, trapshooting, rock climbing, biking, or even taking a nice relaxing stroll through our Nature Trail. Breathe in that cool mountain air; it's good for the body and soul! And if weather just so happens to take a turn, remember we still have an arsenal of indoor activities to keep everyone happy!
And the number one reason to visit Woodloch Pines Resort in the fall...
1) HAUNTED HAYRIDES- If you have yet to join us for our traditional Haunted Hayrides through our Nature Trail on a brisk autumn evening, this is the year to do so! Once night falls, hop aboard a hay wagon with your friends and family and brace yourself for terror (all in good fun, of course). You will traverse our trail as ghouls, goblins and everything in between gets your adrenaline pumping through a dozen scenes, complete with booming sound, pyrotechnics, special effects and more! You'll scream, cry, and of course laugh your way to a nice cup of hot chocolate at the end.
So, if you haven't already done so, look into joining us this autumn for a perfect opportunity to make some memories. Don't let the season FALL away; give us a call!